Wednesday, March 19, 2014

SAHM - My Schedule

SAHM - never did I ever think I would be using this acronym after working in a corporate enviroment with P&G, who are the kings of acronyms!  (Seriously, when I was hired I was given a spreadsheet of acronyms!)  Now that I am out of that world and into the world of working 2 days a week for a family company, I think I can pretty much call myself a SAHM.  To be honest, I had a struggle getting my grounding after becoming a mom.  I had a rough delivery, a rough recovery, and an emotional first year. Now that Maku is 2 and more independent (hello toddlerhood!), I am seeing the huge benefits to having a schedule even if I am a SAHM.

First off, I get up early.  Like early.  Like 5am early.  Why?  I can do mornings, and once I wash my face & move around a bit I am pretty much awake.  I get up, have a cup of coffee, and try to get in a workout.  I take a shower and am ready by the time Maku is up.

We try to get out in the morning, we go to a Waldorf preschool program on Mondays then have tumbling on Wednesdays.  Fridays we have a free morning to do whatever we want.  After our morning activities, we head home for lunch around 11/12.  Play outside and really wind down for a nap at 1pm.  Maku is a great napper, sleeping from 1pm to about 3pm.  I've gotten into a really bad habit of just lounging around for that time, but am kicking myself into gear.  I am trying to get creative during that time, or squeezing in another workout or prepping food for dinner.

In the late afternoon, we try to get outside and take a long walk then come back home to prepare dinner around 5pm.  P is home by 6pm and I try to have dinner ready for us to eat as soon as he's home.  It's easier to sit down right away and focus on being a family again.  P usually takes her after dinner for a walk or playing outside before a bath & some TV time.  While they are getting their daddy & daughter time, I try to get in some cleaning.  8pm is bedtime, with a few books, but it takes her until about 9pm to fall asleep.  

I am committing to no TV at night anymore and not jumping on my phone either. I am trying to just unplug in the evenings. So that's it...that's my day!






No comments:

Post a Comment