Friday, October 26, 2012

Spooky Spiders - Halloween Planning



I love Halloween - mostly, it's the weather, crisp autumn night paired with unlimited candy and kids in costumes, it's a great holiday.   I had a great time dressing up for Halloween when I was younger, but we did not live in a suburb or city setting so trick-or-treating was limited to our small, one traffic light town of 3 blocks in southeastern Ohio or my friend's suburbs.

Nevertheless, it was always fun and I have fond memories of Halloween.

Last year was our first year in the house, and I was able to do a bit of decorating, but not as much as I wanted - spiderwebs on the bushes in front, and a wreath on the front door from my mom.  We had my family over for the night, and made several snacky dishes to munch on while the trick-or-treater's came around.

This year, we have Maku, and I have much bigger aspirations for the decorations!

First, I don't like crazy mixed up Halloween decorations - I'd much rather pick a "theme" if you will, and stick to it.  So, I've decided that it should be SPIDERS!

Here are some of my inspirations:


SPIDERS!
Set of Two Posable SpidersDIY Halloween pillows

No comments:

Post a Comment